Doctor's Best Best Vitamin C 500mg, 120 Count
Brand: Doctor's Best
- GETTING THE BEST VITAMIN C - with Q-C this formula uses Vitamin C with Q-C , a brand of ascorbic acid manufactured in Scotland that is prized for its quality and reliability.*
- FIGHTS FREE RADICALS - the build-up of free radicals that over time influences the aging process and negatively impacts our overall health and well-being as well as immune and cardiovascular systems, cognitive and ocular conditions, joint and bone health, and connective tissues.*
- ADD QUALITY TO LIFE – with easily absorbed Vitamin C, take daily 1,000 mg for overall health and well-being, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy-Free, Vegan
- BEST VITAMIN C with Q-C - Vitamin C is an essential health nutrient, with many important functions in the body, immune system, antioxidant and tissue healing.* Known as a natural antioxidant that supports the immune system and helps with iron absorption. As a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C acts as an election donor that helps fight oxidation, a chemical reaction that produces unwanted free radicals.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT – Vitamin C supplements is known as a natural antioxidant that supports the immune system and helps with iron absorption. Potent antioxidant that protects the body against oxidative challenges. Provides the potent antioxidant, Vitamin C, that neutralizes damaging free radicals produced by stress and exposure to toxins, that can damage your body.*
- ESSENTIAL FOR MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS - Vitamin C is nutrient essential for bones, joints and other connective tissues. Vitamin C is essential for collagen fiber synthesis, a process vital for tissue repair and healing. Helps the body with collagen production, an important protein for cartilage, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels. Ascorbic acid is invaluable to the body for its role as an electron donor, supporting numerous metabolic enzymes in addition to enhancing the body's total antioxidant potential.*
Binding: Health and Beauty
Release Date: 09-08-2011
Details: Vitamin C is a key compound in the body’s “antioxidant network,” a chain of synergistic, inextricability linked, well-studied antioxidants that includes glutathione (GSH) and vitamin E. When vitamin E uses its antioxidant function in neutralizing free radicals, it also loses this antioxidant function. Vitamin C can change this status; it can regenerate vitamin E back to its native form, and is thought to “spare” glutathione in the body as well. Importantly, when ascorbate donates an electron and becomes itself oxidized, or “consumed,” the ascorbate radical is relatively harmless. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study in which blood GSH was measured in healthy subjects at several stages, 500 mg of vitamin C taken daily for 2 weeks significantly raised erythrocyte (red blood cell) glutathione levels. The researchers concluded that vitamin C supplementation at that level can benefit the overall antioxidant capacity of the blood. In another study of similar design, 1000 mg of vitamin C taken daily for 4 weeks bolstered vitamin E and glutathione content in erythrocyte cell membranes, compared with placebo. The highest concentrations of vitamin C in the body are found in the central nervous system (in neurons of the brain & spinal cord) and the adrenal glands. Although the presence of ascorbate in neurons is in part explained by its neuromodulatory enzyme activity, its high concentration suggests that vitamin C is so greatly retained by neurons in order to address the higher rates of oxidative metabolism experienced by the brain. This has led to the conclusion that under normal conditions, vitamin C helps safeguard the integrity of neurons (and therefore the brain), largely through neutralization of the free radicals of reactive oxygen species (ROS). Low levels of blood vitamin C and the resulting accumulation of ROS are thought to be detrimental—especially to aging populations.
Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches