La Tourangelle, Toasted Sesame Oil
Vendor : La Tourangelle
Product Type : Grocery
Brand: La Tourangelle
- QUALITY YOU CAN TASTE: La Tourangelle brings artisan excellence to your kitchen and home. The mainstay of all La Tourangelle's natural, artisanal oils is premium taste derived from the best quality ingredients. Add the flavor of La Tourangelle to any meal.
- ADD AN ASIAN TOUCH: Sesame oil has long been giving its characteristic flavor to traditional Asian food. Discover the delicate, complex flavor of our Toasted Sesame Oil for a distinct flavor highlight in stir-fry, fried rice, noodle dishes or marinades.
- DELICIOUS & VERSATILE: La Tourangelle oils make it easy to create distinctive dishes for professional chefs, novice cooks and foodies alike. Great for salads, on grilled meat, pasta, or a cheese plate, our oils create memorable moments around the table.
- NATURAL & SUSTAINABLE: La Tourangelle's delicious, artisan oils provide the perfect touch to make a gourmet breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We strive to be the best artisan oil producer, dedicated to making carefully crafted, sustainable, natural products.
- KITCHEN? YOU MEAN ART STUDIO: From Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to our AvoCoco butter substitute & Pesto Oil, La Tourangelle brings the best oils and flavors from around the world straight to your kitchen. Discover your culinary creativity with our oils!
Publisher: La Tourangelle
Details: La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame oil is pure, all-natural and handcrafted from high-quality sesame seeds harvested from South America or Africa. The seeds are toasted and then expeller (machine) pressed to extract the oil. This oil is filtered several times and then bottled. Our mill slowly roasts the sesame seeds using lower temperatures. The result is a deep amber, richly flavored oil with a subtle toasted taste. Sesame Oil has long been the universal cooking medium in Asia, imparting the characteristic flavor to the foods of its regions. In Chinese and Korean cuisine, it is added as a flavor highlight to cooked dishes. The Japanese often add about 10% toasted Sesame Oil to the oil used for tempura or deep-frying, creating a rich, background flavor. American cooks may want to use Sesame Oil to flavor an Asian stir-fry or noodle dish or as a marinade for meat or fish. Sesame Oil, rice vinegar, fresh grated ginger, and mustard is a delicious dressing for any combination of salad greens. Sesame Oil, is an ancient ingredient. The Assyrians used it as a cooking oil more than 600 years before Christ. It was expensive, however, and a hundred years later in Persia only the rich could afford it. It is still used as a medicine in India , and oil pressed from the raw seed is a massage oil in Ayurvedic medicine. Its low saturated fatty acid content and high unsaturated fatty acid content makes it a very healthy oil. La Tourangelle is one of few remaining oil mills keeping a time-honored French heritage of roasting and pressing nut kernels into delicious oils. We are a family-owned company whose mastery of oil production is the fruit of passion, integrity, and pride. We strive to be the best artisan oil producer, dedicated to making carefully crafted, sustainable, natural products. With artisan care, we extract the seeds' essence and hidden natural treasures to create amazing products that bring delight in the kitchen and well being for the body.