Source Naturals Coenzymated B-6, 25mg
Brand: Source Naturals
- Vitamin B-6 is the collective term for a group of three related compounds, pyridoxine, pyridoxal and pyridoxamine.
- B-6 is required for the metabolism of lipids, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- It can be difficult to get enough of this vitamin from dietary sources alone because cooking can destroy much of the B-6 content.
- Vitamin B6 is involved in the syntheses of some of the neurotransmitters that affect mood.
- Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Publisher: SOURCE NATURALS
Details: In order for vitamins to be utilized by the body, they must first be converted into their active coenzyme forms. This more potent Coenzymated B-6 is in its active form; ready to go to work immediately. Pyridoxal-5’-Phosphate (PLP or P-5’-P) is the main metabolically active coenzyme form of vitamin B-6. It is primarily in the liver that P-5’-P is synthesized from vitamin B-6, with the help of enzymes that require B-2, zinc, and magnesium for their activity. P-5’-P activates over 100 enzymes, many of which are involved in the conversion of amino acids into the neurotransmitters dopamine, norephinephrine, and serotonin. P-5’-P is also required for the synthesis of the hemoglobin molecule. It also plays an important role in regulating homocysteine levels.